Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Scrappy Quilt #1 Completed

I am going to have to get pictures taken and uploaded to the computer.

I finished the first quilt top yesterday around 6 pm and am pleased with it. I don't usually do scrappy and I feared throughout the piecing that this was going to be the world's ugliest quilt, but it has turned out much better than I anticipated. However, I didn't have the heart to begin assembling the second quilt top, so I stopped for dinner and some down time on the computer.  I have discovered Google Reader and love to browse quilting and knitting blogs - so many talented people.

At about 10 I went down to turn off lights and the sewing machine but was distracted by an unfinished baby quilt. It is only lacking the piano key border. I found the pieces I had already cut, laid them out and sewed 3 sides of the border. I will finish the border this morning, put together the backing and then head out to my afternoon quilt group where I will work on scrappy quilt #2.  With perseverance I will have the second quilt top complete before the weekend and can begin quilting them next week. 

2 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Oh my, a day at the lake sounds like pure heaven! Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway. I hope you'll come back again just for fun!

MGM

Gayle Bong said...

Yes, it is tricky to learn to balance your time between the computer and your artistic endeavors. Good luck. I will be watching to see how your blog building goes. And thanks for entering my giveaway.